Nativity Prep is a Jesuit, Catholic middle school (grades 4-8) serving boys from low-income families residing in the City of Boston. We accept students of all faiths and backgrounds.
The goal of the admissions process is to determine whether prospective students would be a good fit for Nativity Prep, which includes high expectations, rigorous academics, spiritual formation, sports and extracurricular activities, an extended day, a mandatory summer program, and parental involvement.
- Residency: Applicants must live in the City of Boston.
- Entering grades: Applicants must be entering the 4th grade, although occasionally 5th and 6th graders are also accepted if space is available.
- Income: Families do not have to pay for their sons to attend Nativity. However, applicants must come from low-income families and to determine eligibility, we ask parents to submit proof of income. Please call if you have questions about income eligibility.
How to Apply:
1. Print application, instructions and evaluation forms or call the school to receive these documents by mail. (Instruciones a aplicar en Español)
2. Return the completed application to Nativity along with a copy of the household’s first two pages of your most recent tax return 1040 form (or equivalent income documentation).
3. Submit copies of the student’s 2nd grade final report card and the first report of 3rd grade when available. Please, also include copies of all special education plans (IEP, 504 etc.) if any.
4. Ask current teacher to complete and submit the Reading and Math evaluation forms (included with application) directly to Nativity by mail or fax with attention to the Admissions office. Our fax number is (857) 728-0037
Once Nativity receives these documents, the student will come in for a small group evaluation and the parent(s) will come in for a short interview.
Application Deadlines and Admissions Decisions
Nativity has two application deadlines: January 12, 2018 (early acceptance) and April 23, 2018 (final application deadline). Students will be considered for the first or final deadline depending on when their application is received by the Nativity.
Applications are reviewed only when all documents are submitted and families are notified of admissions’ decisions by mail.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Admissions Office at (857) 728-0031 x20 or at email@example.com.
Click to download application form and instructions(English) / Instruciones a aplicar(Español)
Our next Open House is scheduled for Saturday, February 10 at 10:00 am. Please join us! Reservations are not necessary, but if you'd like to tell us you are planning to attend, please contact the Admissions Office at (857) 728-0031 x20 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.